.. YEAR PLANNER
.. RADIO CLUB
A WELL-PLANNED 4X4 TRAIL SUITABLE FOR BOTH THE EXPERIENCED AND NOVICE DRIVERS
29 FEBRUARY 2020
EXPERIENCE AN AFRICAN ADVENTURE, SURROUNDED BY GAME, ONLY ONE HOUR’S DRIVE FROM CAPE TOWN
The Buffelsfontein Game Reserve and 4x4 sand trails, founded in 2000, is situated on the R27 some 80km from Cape Town and in close proximity to Yzerfontein and Darling. This is not only a private game reserve where animals can be viewed, but a good balance between game viewing, corporate activities and 4x4 driving within the game reserve has been achieved. The reserve is home to a variety of game such as Lion, Rhino, Cheetah, Buffalo, Giraffe, Bontebok, Kudu, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Red Wildebeest, Eland, Oryx, Duiker, Caracal and Springbok. Most of these animals roam freely on the reserve and the possibility of spotting some of them while on the 4x4 trail is great.
The 4x4 trail is a must for the adventurous at heart, offering a variety of sand obstacles and giving participants the opportunity to test their sand driving skills and getting to know their vehicles, without the risk of any damage to vehicles. Much thought and planning went into the improvement of the 4x4 trail, ensuring maximum enjoyment for all. The obstacles may vary in difficulty depending on the time of the year the trail is visited. Remember the secret to sand driving is tyre pressure and momentum and on this outing these factors will play a major roll. This trail is well suited to novices and experienced drivers, ensuring lots of enjoyment and fun for all. The possibility of spotting game on the excursion will ensure good interaction between all passengers and drivers while visiting Buffelsfontein Private Game Reserve.
All information supplied in the agenda is given in good faith by Cederberg 4x4 and compiled from the latest information available at the time. The activity times, as indicated on the agenda, are subject to change without notice and at the sole discretion of the guide.
Vehicles : Only vehicles with low range capabilities can be accommodated.
Grading : Trail grading varies between a 2 & 3.
Nearest Town : Yzerfontein.
Guide : Johan Roach.
PLACE : BUFFELSFONTEIN PRIVATE GAME RESERVE at the main RECEPTION.
S 33.2653 E 18.2189
DATE : SATURDAY, 29 FEBRUARY 2020
TIME : 09h00 SHARP. Please respect your fellow participants and be on time.
SATURDAY, 29 FEBRUARY 2020
09h00 - Rendezvous at the BUFFELSFONTEIN PRIVATE GAME RESERVE at the main RECEPTION.
- Deflate tyres
- Briefing on 4x4 sand driving and sharing of many hints and tips before driving the trail.
10h30 - Depart on the 4x4 trail.
12h00 - Enjoy a light picnic lunch en-route. Option of ordering from the restaurant.
15h30 - Complete the Buffelsfontein 4x4 trail and relax at the restaurant
- Leisure time - visit the lodge or partake in a game drive organized by the reserve.
- Depart at your leisure.
FUEL STOPS EN-ROUTE
Ensure that your vehicle is refuelled before reaching the rendezvous point.
Toilets are available at reception.
Everyone must be totally self-sufficient for the duration of this trip.
• Please remember that no alcohol may be consumed by either the driver or passenger(s) whilst driving at any time. Please respect your guides and your fellow participants and save the alcoholic beverages until we return to the camp each day.
• WATER - Always advisable to bring own drinking water on excursions.
• WATER - water is available in the camp.
• ICE – Ensure you have sufficient ice.
• Bring Black bags (what we take in, we take out).
• The days could be warm and the nights cooler. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Remember to bring your cameras, video cameras, spare batteries and extra memory cards.
• Remember your table and chairs.
• Always consider the possibility of rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Always advisable to wear comfortable closed shoes or boots.
• Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
• It is advisable to always have an umbrella or awning available when on the trail.
• Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
• All vehicles and must be in sound mechanical condition.
• Always have your spare keys with you.
• Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
• Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles will be advisable.
• A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres. Pack where accessible.
• Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
• Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
• All other recovery equipment will be supplied.
29MHz TWO WAY RADIOS
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4x4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4x4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards to their location and situation, not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
We suggest all 4x4 vehicles that don’t have a 29MHz two-way radio, HIRE one from us at a nominal fee of R200-00 for this excursion.
Should you be hiring a 29MHz radio, please ensure that your lighter socket is working. If you intend running more than one item from the lighter socket, ensure to have a double adapter handy as well as spare fuse for this excursion.
NB: If your vehicle is fitted with a 29MHz radio, please make sure that channels 1, 14 and 23 are open and working for this excursion.
Should you wish to make a once off investment and purchase a 29MHz radio, we have negotiated a special deal for all Cederberg 4x4 participants. For more information, contact Marina on 021 910 1363.
Use the tables below to calculate your personal cost for the day
Trail ............................................................................................................ R250-00pv 250-00
Cederberg 4x4 facilitating, coordinating & guide fees ................................. R390-00pv 390-00
Radio hire should your vehicle not be fitted with a 29MHz two-way radio ... R200-00
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Should you wish to join us on this excursion, please contact Marina immediately on 021 910 1363 to obtain the booking form for this excursion.
• We can only accommodate a maximum of 12 vehicles on this excursion.
• All Cederberg 4x4 excursions are subject to a minimum of 8 x vehicles.
• All bookings are made on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• To secure your place, contact Marina for a Cederberg 4x4 booking form.
• Your completed and signed booking form will confirm your intent to partake in this excursion.
• Full payment is required to confirm your booking to partake in this excursion.
• Your completed and signed booking form binds you to all conditions on page one and two of the booking form.
• Should you wish to cancel or withdraw after booking for this trip, you will be required to find other people to take your place before any refunds will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: NO PETS ARE ALLOWED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT MARINA on 021 910 1363