.. YEAR PLANNER
.. RADIO CLUB
A SPECIAL AND UNIQUE DESTINATION IN THE SANDVELD
15 to 17 MAY 2020
GOOD COMBINATION OF SAND & MOUNTAIN DRIVING
The Jakkalskloof 4x4 Trail, situated in the Sandveld on the West Coast, in close proximity to the small town of Redelinghuys, has top class facilities at the camp and offers visitors a variety of obstacles on the trail. This is definitely one of the more exciting trails in the Western Cape, offering a good combination of mountain and sand driving, where drivers’ negotiation skills will be tested. Cederberg 4x4’s previous visit to this 4x4 trail was more than 3 years ago and therefore worth the long overdue visit.
All information supplied in the agenda is given in good faith by Cederberg 4x4 and compiled from the latest information available at the time. The activity times, as indicated on the agenda, are subject to change without notice and at the sole discretion of the guide.
Vehicles : Only vehicles WITH low range capabilities can be accommodated.
Trailers : Off-road Caravans & Trailers CAN be accommodated on this excursion.
Grading : Trail is on average a 3 grading.
Nearest Town : Redelinghuys.
Guide : Richard, Ethelia and Jake White.
PLACE : TOTAL GARAGE, PIKETBERG, on the N7.
DATE : FRIDAY, 15 May 2020
TIME : 15h30 SHARP. PLEASE RESPECT YOUR FELLOW PARTICIPANTS AND BE ON TIME.
FRIDAY, 15 MAY 2020
15h30 - Rendezvous at the TOTAL GARAGE on the N7, PIKETBERG.
15h45 - Briefing on activities and convoy driving for the day.
16h00 - Depart for Jakkalskloof 4x4 Trail.
17h00 - Arrive at Jakkalskloof 4x4 Trail and set camp
19h00 - Communal evening braai while getting to know your fellow Cederbergers.
SATURDAY, 16 MAY 2020
09h00 - Briefing on 4x4 driving and deflate tyres.
09h30 - Depart on the sand section of the Jakkalskloof 4x4 trail.
12h30 - Lunch en-route. Pack a light self-catered picnic lunch.
16h30 - Arrive back at camp and relax in the tranquil surroundings and enjoy all the amenities of the camp.
19h00 - Communal evening braai.
SUNDAY, 17 MAY 2020
08h45 - Briefing on activities and 4x4 driving for the day.
09h00 - Depart on the mountain section of the Jakkalskloof 4x4 trail.
12h00 - Complete the trial and enjoy lunch back in camp.
- Break camp and depart for home on your own time.
FUEL STOPS EN-ROUTE
Ensure that your vehicle is refuelled at the rendezvous point PRIOR to the start of the briefing.
This excursion is offered as a camping weekend and everyone must be equipped accordingly.
The campsite offers ablution facilities consisting of Flush toilets and Hot/cold showers.
Everyone must be totally self-sufficient for the duration of this trip.
• Please remember that no alcohol may be consumed by either the driver or passenger(s) whilst driving at any time. Please respect your guides and your fellow participants and save the alcoholic beverages until we return to the camp each day.
• WATER - Water is available at the campsite.
• WATER - Always advisable to bring own drinking water on excursions.
• WOOD – Wood is available at the camp at R75-00 per big bag.
• ICE – Ensure you have sufficient ice
• Electricity power points are available in the camp. Extension leads required See cost below.
• A communal braai area will be determined on arrival at the campsite.
• Only one fire permitted for the group.
• Portable braai’s can be used in the communal braai area.
• Bring braai grid, braai stand, tongs and other cooking/eating utensils.
• Supply your own light. Remember spare batteries.
• Bring Black bags (what we take in, we take out).
• The days could be warm and the nights cooler. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Remember to bring your sun block and hat.
• Remember to bring your cameras, video cameras and spare batteries and extra memory cards.
• Remember your table and chairs.
• Bring along your bathing costume and extra towels.
• Always consider the possibility of rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Always advisable to wear comfortable closed shoes or boots.
• Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
• It is advisable to always have an umbrella or awning available.
• Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed as loose items can become missiles.
• No generators permitted on trips.
• All vehicles and Off-road trailers must be in sound mechanical condition.
• Always have your spare keys with you.
• Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
• Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles will be advisable.
• A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres. Pack where accessible.
• Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
• Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
• All other recovery equipment will be supplied.
29 MHz TWO WAY RADIOS
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4x4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4x4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards to their location and situation not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
We suggest all 4x4 vehicles that don’t have a 29MHz two-way radio, HIRE one from us at a nominal fee of R200-00 for this excursion.
Should you be hiring a 29MHz radio, please ensure that your lighter socket is working. If you intend running more than one item from the lighter socket, ensure to have a double adapter handy as well as spare fuse for this excursion.
NB: If your vehicle is fitted with a 29MHz radio, please make sure that channels 1, 14 and 23 are open and working for this excursion.
Should you wish to make a once off investment and purchase a 29MHz radio, we have negotiated a special deal for all Cederberg 4x4 participants. For more information, contact Marina on 021 910 1363.
Use the table below to calculate your personal cost for the weekend
COST Nr. Participants Nights TOTAL
Trail ............................................................................................. R180-00pv 180-00
Camping ...................................................................................... R60-00pppn 2
Camping Children 4yrs and younger ................................................. FREE FREE
Electrical power per vehicle ............................................................. R25-00pd 2 50-00
Cederberg 4x4 facilitating, coordinating & guide fees .......................... R550-00pv 550-00
Radio hire should your vehicle not be fitted with a 29MHz two-way radio R200-00
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Should you wish to join us on this excursion, please contact Marina immediately on 021 910 1363 to obtain the booking form for this excursion.
• We can only accommodate a maximum of 12 vehicles on this overland adventure.
• All Cederberg 4x4 excursions are subject to a minimum of 8 x vehicles.
• All bookings are made on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• To secure your place, contact Marina for a Cederberg 4x4 booking form.
• Your completed and signed booking form will confirm your intent to partake in this excursion.
• A R550-00 deposit is required to confirm your intent to partake in this excursion.
• The balance is payable on or before Monday 04 May 2020.
• Your completed and signed booking form binds you to all conditions on page one and two of the booking form.
• Should you wish to cancel or withdraw after booking for this trip, you will be required to find other people to take your place before any refunds will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: NO PETS ARE ALLOWED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT MARINA on 021 910 1363
.. Top of Page