EXCLUSIVE LADIES GETAWAY
ENJOY THE THRILLS OF A ZIPLINING,
AN EXCLUSIVE CAMP & DRIVING THE KROONLAND 4X4 TRAIL
31 MARCH to 2 APRIL
START THE WEEKEND WITH THRILLING ZIPLINING NEAR GRABOUW AND DRIVE THE POPULAR KROONLAND 4X4 TRAIL NEAR VILLIERSDORP
The All Exclusive Ladies weekend will start early on the Friday morning by heading for Grabouw, home to Cape Canopy Tours, one of the best and most popular Ziplines in the Western Cape. Visit their website and see why they receive such high reviews for their zipline activities. Ziplining early on Friday morning will ensure great excitement, pumping adrenalin levels while flying high over the valleys below and put you on a level of thrills not experienced every day. A start like this will ensure the weekend has kicked-started on the right foot and that there is no better way to begin and All Exclusive Ladies weekend.
Having completed the Zipline in Grabouw we will head for Villiersdorp via the beautiful green valleys and the Theewaterskloof Dam before we arrive at the start of the Kroonland 4x4. We will be required to drive sections of the Kroonland 4x4 trail to reach the camp where you will set camp for two nights. There are 6 x wooden Wendy houses with 2 x single beds in each. Here is your opportunity.
All information supplied in the agenda are given in good faith by Cederberg 4x4 and compiled from the latest information available at the time. The activity times, as indicated on the agenda, are subject to change without notice and at the sole discretion of the guide.
Vehicles : Only vehicles WITH LOW RANGE capabilities can be accommodated.
Trailers : Off-Road Caravans and Trailers CAN be accommodated on this excursion.
Grading : Trail grading is between 2 & 3.
Nearest Town : Villiersdorp.
Your guide : Coenie Moll.
PLACE: THE ORCHARD FARM STALL at the first off-ramp/entrance to Grabouw on the N2 coming
from Cape Town.
DATE : FRIDAY 31 MARCH 2017.
TIME : 06h45 SHARP. Please respect your fellow participants and be on time.
FRIDAY 31 MARCH 2017
06h45 - Rendezvous at THE ORCHARD FARM STALL at the first off-ramp/entrance to Grabouw on the N2
coming from Cape Town.
07h00 - Briefing on day’s activities, convoy driving and sponsor’s formalities.
07h30 - Depart in convoy for Cape Canopy Tours.
07h45 - Arrive at Cape Canopy Tours.
08h00 - Attend briefing with regard to the Zipline activities and depart on your amazing adventure.
Enjoy four and a half hours of exhilarating fun on the ziplines.
13h30 - Complete the zipline.
Included – Enjoy something light to eat at the restaurant upon completion.
14h00 - Depart for our camp at Kroonland 4x4 in Villiersdorp.
16h30 - Arrive at the camp. Set camp and relax in the large lapa.
19h00 - Introduction of the various teams around the communal camp fire.
- Communal self-catered braai/dinner.
SATURDAY 1 APRIL 2017
- Enjoy a self-catered breakfast at the camp.
09h00 - Briefing on activities for the day and hints and tips about the driving of the 4x4 trail.
Depart on the Kroonland 4x4 trail.
- Enjoy a self-catered lunch en-route or return to the camp for lunch.
13h30 - Complete the trail and return to the camp.
19h00 - Communal self-catered braai/dinner.
SUNDAY 2 APRIL 2017
- Enjoy a self-catered breakfast at the camp.
10h00 - Cederberg 4x4 formalities will take place, the lucky draw and the announcement of the new Camp
Captain for the next All Exclusive Ladies to the Kalahari.
- Break camp and get ready to depart.
13h00 - Depart for Franschhoek where the All Exclusive Ladies Getaway officially ends.
Each team must have a TEAM NAME, which must be displayed on your vehicle.
A TEAM consists of the participants in ONE vehicle.
The team introduction, by means of song, dance or any way you think appropriate, will take place Friday evening 31 March 2017.
This team introduction is great fun and ensures lots of laughter.
Numerous sponsors will donate gifts for the lucky draw and prize-giving that will take place on the Sunday morning. If anybody knows of a possible sponsor, please contact Marina at the Cederberg 4x4 office with contact details for us to pursue or follow it up yourself. The current economy and companies with tight budgets makes finding sponsors difficult. Any help will be appreciated.
As this “Exclusive Ladies 4x4 Getaway” is offered as a guided excursion, lead by a seasoned guide, giving pre-trip briefings as well as en-route advice, hints & tips, limited 4x4 driving experience is required. Peace of mind can be given to all participants on this excursion regarding the safety of vehicles, drivers and passengers.
Everybody must be totally self-sufficient for the duration of the weekend.
As this excursion is offered as a camping excursion, everyone must be equipped accordingly.
Remember Off-Road Caravans and Trailers are welcome on this trip.
There are 6 x wooden huts, each fitted with 2 x single beds. Bookings for the huts will work on a first-come- first-serve basis.
ABLUTION AND CAMP FACILITIES
- The camp offers full ablution facilities with flush toilets as well as hot and cold showers.
- Water points throughout the camp.
- Limited shade - Awnings and gazebos still a good idea to bring.
- Sufficient grass throughout the camp.
- No electricity in the camp.
- Large covered lapa in the camp.
- Please remember that no alcohol may be consumed by either the driver or passenger(s) whilst driving at any time. Please respect your guides and your fellow participants and save the alcoholic beverages until we return to the camp each day.
- Water - is available at the campsite.
- Drinking Water - Always advisable to bring own drinking water on excursions.
- No Electricity available in the camp.
- Generators are permitted on the All Exclusive Ladies Getaway to Kroonland 4x4.
- Wood – Each vehicle must bring 4 x bags of wood from home. No time or place to buy en-route.
- Ice – Bring sufficient ice for the weekend.
- Garbage bins are available at the lapa.
- The communal braai will take place in the lapa.
- Lapa not user-friendly for portable braais.
- Remember eating utensils, table, chairs, tent and tent poles.
- The days could be warm and the nights cold. Pack clothing accordingly.
- Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
- Always advisable to wear comfortable closed boots or shoes.
- It is advisable to always have an umbrella or awning available when on the trail.
- Remember to bring your cameras, video cameras, binoculars, spare batteries and extra film.
- Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
All vehicles and Off-road trailers must be in sound mechanical condition.
Always have your spare keys with you.
Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles will be advisable.
All other recovery equipment will be supplied.
A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres. Pack where accessible.
Carry a fire extinguisher that is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
FUEL STOPS EN-ROUTE
Ensure your vehicle is refuelled prior to the briefing at the rendezvous.
29 MHz RADIOS
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4x4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4x4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards to their location and situation, not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
We suggest all 4x4 vehicles that don’t have a 29MHz two-way radio HIRE one from us at a nominal fee of R250-00 for this excursion.
Should you be hiring a 29MHz radio, please ensure that your lighter socket is working. If you intend running more than one item from the lighter socket, be sure to have a double adapter handy as well as spare fuses for this excursion.
NB: If your vehicle is fitted with a 29MHz radio, please make sure that channels 1, 14 and 23 are open and working for this excursion.
Should you wish to make a once-off investment and purchase a 29MHz radio, we have negotiated a special deal for all Cederberg 4x4 participants. For more information, contact Marina on 021 913 4632.
R1395-00 per lady.
R250-00 Radio hire, should your vehicle not be fitted with a 29MHz two-way radio.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Should you wish to join us on this excursion, please contact Marina immediately to obtain the booking form for this excursion.
- We can only accommodate a maximum of 15 vehicles or 40 ladies on this excursion.
- All Cederberg 4x4 All Exclusive Ladies Getaway excursions are subject to a minimum of 20 ladies.
- All bookings are made on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- A deposit of R700-00 per lady is required upon booking to secure your place.
- Should you intend being part of this trip but cannot pay the deposit now, please contact the office in this regard to make alternative arrangements.
- Your booking will only be confirmed upon receipt of your deposit as well as completed and signed booking form faxed to
021 913 2333 or e-mailed to Marina.
- The balance is payable on or before Monday 13 March 2017.
- Should the deadline date for final payment not be adhered to your deposit will be forfeited.
- Your completed and signed booking form binds you to all conditions on page one and two of the booking form.
- Should you wish to cancel or withdraw after booking and deposit paid for this trip, you will be required to find another lady to take your place before any refunds or credits will be considered.
NO PETS ALLOWED
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
COENIE on 083 675 6194 or MARINA on 021 913 4632
FAX: 021 913 2333
.. Top of Page
On Saturday we will drive the Kroonland 4x4 trail which should take us approximately 4 – 5 hours to complete. It is not the most difficult 4x4 trail in the Western Cape but it offers breathtaking views of the low- lying valleys covered in fruit trees and the Theewaterskloof Dam in the distance. Enough challenging obstacles will be encountered to get the adrenalin flowing a tad faster than normal and test your 4x4 driving skills. Having completed the 4x4 trail we will return to the camp where a relaxing afternoon will be spent before the Cederberg 4x4 formalities in the evening. Sunday morning will see a leisurely start to the day with a self-catered scrumptious breakfast. Consider making this a communal breakfast for all the ladies.
We will depart as a group from the campsite via Villiersdorp and the spectacular Franschhoek Pass for Franschhoek where the All Exclusive Ladies Getaway officially ends. Here you will say your good-byes before heading home in your own directions.