.. YEAR PLANNER
.. RADIO CLUB
EXCLUSIVE LADIES GETAWAY
With base camp at Weskus Quarry on the farm Steenbokfontein near Lambert’s Bay
8 – 11 OCTOBER 2020
4X4 DRIVING, ABSEILING AND THREE MEALS INCLUDED
The Weskus Quarry is situated on the farm Steenbokfontein approximately 10km from Lambert’s Bay. This farm is also home to the well-known Plaaskombuis Restaurant filled with history of the HMS Sybille which ran aground on the reef in front of the farm Steenbokfontein on 17 January 1901. This ship is only one of many that got a taste of the fury of the merciless Atlantic Ocean and North-Wester storms that brought many ships to their lonely places of rest on the West Coast of South Africa.
The Weskus Quarry will be base camp for the Cederberg 4x4 Ladies Getaway. The camp is spacious enough to accommodate off-road trailers and caravans with a communal kitchen and ablution facilities. The kitchen has a fridge-freezer, stove, kettle, cutlery and crockery. Still advisable to bring your own eating utensils. The only electrical points are in the kitchen. Should you need to use electricity, ensure you bring long extension leads.
No visit to Lambert’s Bay for any 4x4 enthusiast will be complete if you do not visit the well-known “The Dunes” 4x4 trail. It offers various challenges for drivers and many opportunities for photos to be taken by the passengers. As “The Dunes” 4x4 trail is offered as a guided trail we will enjoy the best the dunes have to offer, as our local guide will be aware of the impact the wind has had on the dunes over the past days and weeks. This always ensures that we drive the best that the dunes have to offer, with safety a priority. This popular 4x4 trail will ensure all visitors leave with something special to remember.
The abseiling will take place on the farm Steenbokfontein, also home to our base camp for the Ladies Getaway. The abseiling will prove to be one of the many highlights during our visit to Lambert’s Bay. Young and old will be accommodated for the abseiling, ensuring many laughs and unforgettable photos.
Three meals will be included for the Ladies Getaway. A dinner will be prepared and served on Thursday evening and a true West Coast snoek braai and black mussels for the Friday evening. A late lunch will be enjoyed at the ever-popular Isabella’s Restaurant in the harbour after completing “The Dunes” 4x4 trail, eliminating the necessity to prepare dinner on Saturday evening. These three meals will eliminate you having to pack and plan everything for these meals. It gives you more time to relax and enjoy the company of your friends.
As the camp does not offer power points throughout the camp, you are welcome to bring generators along for power. Power points are only available at the kitchen. Should you need to use electricity from the kitchen, remember long extension leads to reach your camp. Camp will be set with the kitchen as centre point.
Avoid disappointment and book now and invite as many friends as possible to join you and all the other like-mined ladies on four days of quality breakaway time.
“Experience West Coast hospitality at its best”
All information supplied in the agenda are given in good faith by Cederberg 4x4 and compiled from the latest information available at the time. The activity times, as indicated on the agenda, are subject to change without notice and at the sole discretion of the guide.
Generators : Generators are allowed on this Ladies Getaway.
Vehicles : Only vehicles WITH LOW RANGE capabilities can be accommodated.
Trailers : Off-Road Caravans and Off-Road Trailers CAN be accommodated on this excursion.
Grading : Trail grading is between 2 & 3.
Nearest Town : Lambert’s Bay.
Your guide : Coenie Moll.
PLACE : JUFFROUSHOOGTE on the R45 just before Vredenburg. See directions below.
DATE : THURSDAY 8 OCTOBER 2020.
TIME : 09h00 SHARP. Please respect your fellow participants and be on time.
DIRECTIONS TO RENDEZVOUS
Follow the R27 (West Coast Road) from Cape Town and turn left onto the R45 heading for Vredenburg. Follow the R45 for approximately 2 km to Juffoushoogte on the left.
THURSDAY 8 OCTOBER 2020
09h00 - Rendezvous at JUFFROUSHOOGTE on the R45 just before Vredenburg.
- Arrive on time and enjoy coffee or something light to eat.
- Briefing on day’s activities and convoy driving.
10h00 - Depart in convoy for Weskus Quarry where we will set camp for three nights.
Enjoy a relaxing first part of the afternoon in the camp. Late afternoon we will depart from camp to enjoy sundowners on the beach. On our return a dinner will be prepared and served.
FRIDAY 9 OCTOBER 2019
Enjoy a leisurely start to the day. Consider a communal breakfast. During the morning we will depart for the sight where the abseiling will take place. Exact time will be discussed at the briefing the previous evening. This is an optional activity. Here great fun will be enjoyed by all. After completing the abseiling, we will return to the camp. A West Coast snoek and black mussel braai will be prepared with farm bread and butter.
SATURDAY 10 OCTOBER 2020
08h30 - Depart for “The Dunes” 4x4 trail in Lambert’s Bay.
- Briefing on dune driving and sharing many hints and tips on 4x4 driving.
- Complete “The Dunes” 4x4 trail and head for Isabell’s Restaurant in the harbour. Here a late lunch
that is included in the package will be enjoyed.
- Return to the Weskus Quarry camp where the Cederberg 4x4 formalities will take place.
SUNDAY 11 OCTOBER 2020
- Consider a communal breakfast (take something along to add in for breakfast) before breaking camp
and heading home. Depart for home at your own time. You might even want to enjoy
lunch at one of the many restaurants in Lambert’s Bay.
INTRODUCTION/TEAM SPIRIT/LUCKY DRAW
A TEAM consists of the participants in ONE vehicle.
Each team must have a TEAM NAME to be given through when booking.
Having received numerous requests to stop the team introduction on the Thursday evening and to no longer have the lucky draw on the Saturday evening where each lady had to bring a gift for the lucky draw, as these two factors made the ladies getaway become costly.
There will, therefor, no longer be the big lucky draw on the Saturday evening and no introduction on the Thursday evening. Cederberg 4x4 will still do the formalities announcing the new camp captain for the next trip and one or two other prizes. These will only be announced on the Saturday.
Now no lady or team needs to spend a lot of money as an individual or as a team to enjoy the getaway.
Cederberg 4x4 will endeavour to obtain as many gifts as possible from sponsors for this lady’s getaway.
Participants need NOT supply a gift, as there will be no lucky draw on the Saturday evening. The official Cederberg 4x4 formalities will still take place, but with a different new flavour.
As this “Exclusive Ladies 4x4 Getaway” is offered as a guided excursion, lead by an experienced and seasoned guide, pre-trip briefings as well as en-route advice and hints & tips will be given. Limited 4x4 driving experience is required. Peace of mind can be given to all participants on this excursion regarding the safety of vehicles, drivers and passengers.
Three meals will be included for this Ladies Getaway to Lambert’s Bay.
• Thursday evening – Spaghetti Bolognaise.
• Friday evening – West Coast snoek and black mussel braai with farm bread, butter and jam.
• Saturday – A late lunch will be enjoyed at Isabella’s Restaurant in the harbour.
• All other meals will be for your own account.
As this excursion is offered as a camping excursion, everyone must be equipped accordingly.
Remember Off-Road Caravans and Trailers are welcome on this trip.
The camp offers ablution facilities consisting of 2 x flush toilets and 2 x hot and cold showers.
• Please remember that no alcohol may be consumed by either the driver or passenger(s) whilst driving at any time. Please respect your guides and your fellow participants and save the alcoholic beverages until we are at camp each day.
• WATER - is available at the campsite.
• DRINKING WATER - Always advisable to bring own drinking water on excursions.
• ELECTRICITY only available in the kitchen. Remember long electrical extension leads.
• WOOD – Wood can be purchased in Lambert’s bay.
• ICE –can be purchased in Lambert’s bay.
• Garbage – Garbage bins are available in the camp.
• The communal fire area will be used. (Only one fire permitted)
• Remember eating utensils, table, chairs, tent and tent poles.
• The days could be warm and the night’s cold. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
• Always advisable to wear comfortable closed boots or shoes.
• It is advisable to always have an umbrella or awning available when on any excursion.
• Remember to bring your cameras, video cameras, binoculars, spare batteries and extra memory cards.
• Do not forget you’re bathing costume and extra towel.
• Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
• All vehicles and Off-road trailers must be in sound mechanical condition.
• Always have your spare keys with you.
• Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
• Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles will be advisable.
• A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres. Pack where accessible.
• Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
• Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
• All other recovery equipment will be supplied.
FUEL STOPS EN-ROUTE
Ensure your vehicle is refuelled at Piketberg prior to the rendezvous. No additional fuel will be required for the duration of the weekend.
29 MHz RADIOS
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4x4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4x4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards to their location and situation, not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
We suggest all 4x4 vehicles that don’t have a 29MHz two-way radio HIRE one from us at a nominal fee of R400-00 for this excursion.
Should you be hiring a 29MHz radio, please ensure that your lighter socket is working. If you intend running more than one item from the lighter socket, be sure to have a double adapter handy as well as spare fuse for this excursion.
NB: If your vehicle is fitted with a 29MHz radio, please make sure that channels 1, 14 and 23 are open and working for this excursion.
Should you wish to make a once off investment and purchase a 29MHz radio, we have negotiated a special deal for all Cederberg 4x4 participants. For more information, contact Marina on 021 910 1363.
R1700-00 per lady.
R400-00 Radio hire, should your vehicle not be fitted with a 29MHz two-way radio.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Should you wish to join us on this excursion, please contact Marina immediately on 021 910 1363 to obtain the booking form and secure your place for this excursion.
• We can only accommodate a maximum of 12 vehicles or 40 ladies on this excursion.
• All Cederberg 4x4 All Exclusive Ladies excursions are subject to a minimum of 20 ladies.
• All bookings are made on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• Cederberg 4x4 requires a deposit of R500-00 per lady indicating your intent to participate in this excursion.
• Your booking will only be confirmed upon receipt of your deposit, completed and signed booking form faxed to 086 260 9566 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention Marina. Use your name & surname as reference for the deposit.
• The full outstanding amount is payable or before Wednesday 30 September 2020 with proof of payment faxed to 086 260 9566 or emailed to email@example.com for attention Marina. Use your name & surname as reference for the deposit.
• Should the deadline date for final payment not be adhered to, the deposit will be forfeited, and your place will be filled by ladies on the waiting list.
• Contact the Cederberg 4x4 office for alternative payment arrangements.
• Your completed and signed booking form binds you to all conditions on page one and two of the booking form.
• Should you wish to cancel or withdraw after booking and deposit paid for this trip, you will be required to find another lady to take your place before any refunds or credits will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: NO PETS ARE ALLOWED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
COENIE on 083 675 6194 or 022 492 2040
All information supplied remains the intellectual property of Cederberg 4x4