.. YEAR PLANNER
.. RADIO CLUB
The 4x4 trail itself consists mainly of a mountain track with sections of loose rock and adrenalin filled ascents and descents where numerous 5-point turns are required with plenty of technical sections where drivers’ skills will be tested. This 4x4 trail will not be a walk in the park and you will be required, on more than one occasion, to inspect the track ahead to look for the line of least resistance. The 4x4 trail offers enough challenges to satisfy the needs of any 4x4 enthusiast with non-stop panoramic views along the route. At 950m in altitude, the topmost point of the route, you get the opportunity to look down on eagles soaring on the wind and experience how they see the world below.
As usual we will have a participant’s competition starting at the rendezvous. Participants in one vehicle will have the opportunity to guess and submit one name for the trail they think we will be visiting. A great prize is up for grabs for the correct answer and is well worth the research before the time using the cryptic clues supplied. Enjoy browsing the internet for the name of the 4x4 trail and good luck. Avoid disappointment and book now to secure your place.
All information supplied in the agenda is given in good faith by Cederberg 4x4 and compiled from the latest information available at the time. The activity times, as indicated on the agenda, are subject to change without notice and at the sole discretion of the guide.
Vehicles : Only vehicles with low range capabilities can be accommodated.
Trailers : Off-Road caravans and trailers CAN be accommodated on this excursion.
Grading : Trail grading will be a 3 – 3 ½ during our visit.
Nearest Town : Mystery.
Guide : Johan Roach.
PLACE : ENGEN 1-STOP on the N1 outbound, just past Joostenbergvlakte.
DATE : FRIDAY 27 MARCH 2020.
TIME : 16h00 SHARP. Please respect your fellow participants and be on time.
NB. Should you be late, contact Johan 081 348 2105.
FRIDAY 27 MARCH 2020
16h00 - Rendezvous at the ENGEN 1-STOP, N1.
16h15 - Briefing on activities and convoy driving.
16h30 - Depart for the mystery campsite.
18h00 - Arrive at campsite and set camp.
19h00 - Communal evening braai in the Lapa.
SATURDAY 28 MARCH 2020
- Breakfast at campsite
09h00 - Briefing on 4x4 driving where hints and tips on 4x4 driving will be shared.
- Depart on the 4x4 trail.
- Enjoy a light self-catered picnic lunch en-route.
15h30 - Complete the trail and relax in the tranquil surrounds of the camp.
19h00 - Communal evening braai, where the Cederberg 4x4 formalities will take place.
SUNDAY 31 MAY 2015
A day of leisure and optional activities of your choice.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast and just relax at the campsite or head into the nearest town/dorp and explore what the area has to offer. Slowly pack up and head for home in your own time, farmstall hopping on the way.
FUEL STOPS EN-ROUTE
All vehicles to refuel prior to the briefing at the rendezvous.
The campsite offers facilities consisting of 6 x flushing toilets and 6 x Hot/cold showers.
Everyone must be totally self-sufficient for the duration of this trip.
• Please remember that no alcohol may be consumed by either the driver or passenger(s) whilst driving at any time. Please respect your guides and your fellow participants and save the alcoholic beverages until we return to the camp each day.
• WATER – is available at the campsite.
• WATER – Always advisable to bring own drinking water on excursions.
• WOOD – Each vehicle to bring at least 2 x bags of wood for the weekend.
• ICE – Bring own ice.
• ELECTRICITY – No electricity available at the camp.
• A communal braai area will be determined on arrival at the campsite.
• Only one fire permitted for the group.
• Portable braai’s can be used in the communal braai area.
• Bring braai grid, braai stand, tongs, other cooking/eating utensils, table and chairs.
• The days could be warm and the nights cooler. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Always consider the possibility of rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Remember to bring your sun block and hat.
• Remember to bring your cameras, video cameras and extra memory cards.
• Always advisable to wear comfortable closed shoes or boots.
• It is advisable to always have an umbrella or awning available.
• Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
• No generators permitted on trips.
• All vehicles and Off-road trailers must be in sound mechanical condition.
• Always have your spare keys with you.
• Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
• Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles will be advisable.
• A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres. Pack where accessible.
• Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
• Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
• All other recovery equipment will be supplied.
29MHz TWO WAY RADIOS
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4x4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4x4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards to their location and situation, not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
We suggest all 4x4 vehicles that don’t have a 29MHz two-way radio, HIRE one from us at a nominal fee of R200-00 for this excursion.
Should you be hiring a 29MHz radio, please ensure that your lighter socket is working. If you intend running more than one item from the lighter socket, ensure to have a double adapter handy as well as spare fuse for this excursion.
NB: If your vehicle is fitted with a 29MHz radio, please make sure that channels 1, 14 and 23 are open and working for this excursion.
Should you wish to make a once off investment and purchase a 29MHz radio, we have negotiated a special deal for all Cederberg 4x4 participants. For more information, contact Marina on 021 910 1363.
Use the table below to calculate your personal cost for the weekend
COST Nr. Participants Nights TOTAL
4X4 Trail .......................................................................................... R120-00pv R120-00
Camping for Adults ........................................................................... R100-00pppn 2
Camping children 6-12yrs ................................................................... R50-00 pppn 2
Camping children 5yrs and younger .................................................... FREE FREE
Cederberg 4x4 facilitating, coordinating & guide fees .............................. R550-00 R550-00
Radio hire should your vehicle not be fitted with a 29MHz two-way radio ... R200-00
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Should you wish to join us on this excursion, please contact Marina immediately on 021 910 1363 to obtain the booking form for this excursion.
• We can only accommodate a maximum of 12 vehicles on this excursion.
• All Cederberg 4x4 excursions are subject to a minimum of 8 x vehicles.
• All bookings are made on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• To secure your place, contact Marina for a Cederberg 4x4 booking form.
• Your completed and signed booking form will confirm your intent to partake in this excursion.
• A R550-00 deposit is required to confirm your intent to partake in this excursion.
• The balance is payable on Monday 23 March 2020.
• Your completed and signed booking form binds you to all conditions on page one and two of the booking form.
• Should you wish to cancel or withdraw after booking for this trip, you will be required to find other people to take your place before any refunds will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: NO PETS ALLOWED
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT MARINA on 021 910 1363
A MYSTERY 4 x 4 WEEKEND
STUNNING 360° VIEW FROM THE VIEWPOINT
27 - 29 MARCH 2020
A NEW 4X4 TRAIL NEVER VISITED BY CEDERBERG 4X4 WITH AN AMAZING CAMPSITE
Many 4x4 trails in the Western Cape have closed in the past decade due to many different reasons with very few, if any, opening during the same period as new destinations. When Cederberg 4x4 facilitated a mystery excursion it was always to a new 4x4 trail never visited by Cederberg 4x4 in the past, thus making it a popular activity as a new 4x4 trail will be driven and a new campsite will be experienced.
The last mystery excursion was facilitated by Cederberg 4x4 in 2015. It was recently brought to our attention that a new 4x4 trail is available to visit, with a user-friendly Lapa, a well-planned campsite with good ablution facilities, partly shaded and sections with grass underfoot. Yes, this all sounds too good to be true, but it is fact and Cederberg 4x4 is going to visit this venue very soon. Being only 150km from Cape Town makes it not only user friendly for a weekend getaway regarding the distance but affordable as far as fuel cost for the weekend is concerned.